Hot Tip #8
“What can I do to prolong the life of my upholstered furniture?”
I have several recommendations that can really help.
- Vacuum furniture regularly; about every three months.
- Turn cushions over regularly (every two months). Even switch a cushion’s position on the couch if possible.
- Take soft cushions and pillows outside for a good “puff-up” session. It’s a great way to work off stress.
- All fabric is sensitive to ultraviolet rays. Be sure to tint any windows that shed direct light on furniture. (Try our new protectant UV SunBlock!)
- In addition to window-tinting, try to rotate chairs around a room or dining room table to even out the fading that naturally occurs.
- For most spills and stains, call us ASAP. We’ll use the special cleaning formulas most fabrics now require.